Is there such a thing as the best supplements for men or do we even need to take any supplements at all?
Vitamins have been around for a while. I remember being given chewable multivitamins when I was young. My mom would leave one tablet right beside my glass of water and breakfast on a daily basis.
I actually liked eating them not because they were healthy for me but because they tasted good and I liked chewing them.
As a parent today of a couple of boys and taking care of my husband I realize why my mother made sure I got my daily vitamins with no fail. They were healthy for me.
Why Men Need More Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements
Men of all ages and health levels, can benefit from supplementing their dietary lifestyle with vitamins, minerals, and supplements to stay healthier. The United States Department of Agriculture reports that men who are between the ages of 31 to 50, need about 350% more dark, green, leafy vegetables, not to mention that they need around 150% more fruit each day.
Men don’t necessarily think of grabbing an apple or picking out greens to cook for their meals, instead, a pizza and a beer is more appealing. Even when it comes to more formal lunch and dinner they usually go for steak or a good slice of beef rather than veggies.
Manufacturer’s of health supplements are taking a more aggressive research and production action in placing supplements, minerals, and vitamins, on our store shelves, that are enriched in natural or organic products that enhances a man’s overall health, with no side effects.
Top Vitamins and Supplements for Men and their Health
1. Coenzyme Q10: When men begin to get that afternoon lack of energy, taking a Coenzyme Q10 supplement will more than double their energy level. The good thing about Coenzyme Q10 is that it does not make the body “crash” later on, as energy drinks or sugar rushes do. Taking around 100 mg each day for around 2 months, will keep a man’s body energized so that they can continue their workout exercises, as well as other activities.
2. Creatine: Creatine is well known for those who are into fitness and bodybuilding. Active men will enjoy the benefits from a Creatine supplement, which also provides added energy to the body. Creatine is stored in the muscles for use when needed. It boosts the creation and production of lean muscle mass, especially if men are extremely active.
3. Vitamin D: Vitamin D keeps male calcium and phosphorous levels normal. It also assists in promoting stronger bones that helps to prevent fractures. Men aren’t in as much risk to bone loss as women are but still need to get the necessary calcium requirements. Taking Vitamin D helps to keep osteoporosis at bay by allowing the body to absorb calcium from food and supplement form. Just a 600 to 700 IU tablet daily should do the trick.
4. Saw Palmetto: if you are an older male or a younger male who has an illness, where your urine flow is just a little trickle, then you need Saw Palmetto. Prostatic hyperplasia is a health condition that slows a man’s urination process and it can be painful. Doctors have reported that their male patient’s who have taken around 320 mg of Saw Palmetto each day for a year, saw a 50% decrease in their urination problem.
5. Spirulina: Spirulina comes from seaweed. It has been processed and is an excellent source of protein and many other nutrients. If you would like your man to eat more vegetables, have him take around 10 mg to 50 mg each day of the supplement Spirulina. This organic supplement is a potent, power packed tablet that fulfills a man’s veggie requirement of chlorophyll, vitamins, protein, and minerals.
6. Omega 3 (Fish Oil): Omega 3 is a fat that is naturally found in fish. It is harvested from fatty fish like salmon. Omega 3 fatty acids have proven to reduce fat cells that place men at risk of heart disease. The supplement also reduces a man’s blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Another source of healthy omega 3 fats come from plant sources like flaxseed and chia seeds. It has been shown however that Omega 3 from marine animals provide more benefits. Simply taking 500mg each day will help men of all ages.
7. Acetyl L-Carnitine: this is a brain supplement, which contains the right amount of amino acids which turns fat to pure energy. As a tablet, it keeps men from stress effects that stem from the brain and effects the whole body in a negative way. It also helps the mind and its mental ability. Acetyl L-carnitine supplements reduces depression and protects the body by increasing the natural antioxidant chemicals in the body, especially for men who may over indulge in alcohol consumption and in the aging process.
8. a Multivitamin: finally there’s the always reliable multivitamin. Multivitamins contain almost all the daily recommended requirements of vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamins A, B, C, D and E along with important minerals like selenium, magnesium and calcium. This offers full coverage in case you aren’t able to get enough of the nutrients from your diet.